Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Homeschooler This Way Comes

The Teacher and I just sat down and made my high school transcript. Since we've kept next to no records, and the past four years have been insane, it was interesting.

The good news is that when I graduate I will have as many credits a high school graduate is supposed to have.

The other good news is that we didn't put everything I've ever done down on this transcript. Which is good, because looking at the 'official' subjects we put down, I would have been bored to death. No wonder none of my peers like going to school.

The probably good news is that I'm signing up for dual credit courses at the closest community college (about forty or fifty minutes away). I want to take Drawing I and Spanish I. We'll see what happens.

And I don't feel too good. I'm going to try and get the Teacher to buy a chocolate malt for me on the way home. (Yes, sugar and chocolate will magically heal me. And since I think I'm mostly suffering from stress, they just might.) Occasionally I can ask nicely enough that she'll do that. (For instance, right after I took the SAT, she took me to Wendy's. I love Wendy's. I know, I have such sophisticated tastes.)

And if you're a home schooler: Keep records! Save yourself from some of this trauma! Pay attention! Make things easier on yourself! Don't start planning for college when your kid starts their Senior year!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh - I'm terrible about keeping records. Thanks for the reminder. And congrats on your dual-credit classes - have fun with them!!! (:

    ReplyDelete