Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Horror!!

I was sitting on the couch crocheting. (It's a scarf. All I am willing to say is that it has character. It will have even more character when I add blue and bright pink fringe, but it has quite a bit already.) Suddenly and all at once (Hank the Cowdog reference!) I heard a scream of blood-curdling horror from the bathroom. I sprinted to the bathroom. (Okay, drifted lazily. I have some experience with horrified screams in this house.)

"What's wrong?" I inquired.

"Augh! My hair! Arggggh! Silver! Ahhh! A silver hair!" (And while I do occasionally paraphrase my mother's remarks, in this instance I did not.)

Apparently silver hair is invisible, because I stood in front of her and couldn't see it. Stood next to her and couldn't see it. Stood behind her and finally saw something that looked vaguely shiny. I'm wondering if your eyesight gets sharper as you get older. However, it's fun to hear the Teacher howl, so I mumbled that indeed there was a hair that might possibly be silver, and let her do the rest.

1 comment:

  1. BWA ha ha!!! All I can say is . . . just you wait. Your day will come. (:

    (Here's a silver [ha ha]lining: the lighter your hair is, the less gray/silver will show up!)

    ReplyDelete