Thursday, October 22, 2009

Forget the Plumbing

I came out of mutual last night very upset. Quivering, about-to-scream-or-cry-or-both upset. I won't go into why.

My dad knows me well. I'm not sure how, but he could tell how mad/upset I was, and then he talked me out of it. In twenty minutes he turned me from a sulking, raging mess to something vaguely human who could sing with the radio.

Forget plumbing. I need to marry someone who can help me when I can't help myself. Someone who can talk me out of a bad mood. Someone who knows when to agree with me and when to keep me off my sorry butt.

I'm not entirely sure there are two people in the world like that. But then, it was a surprise that there was one, so maybe there is.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I agree. You can always hire a plumber, but a man who can not only discern your mood but help lift you out of it is a rare gift indeed! (:

    ReplyDelete