Saturday, December 26, 2009

Warning Still in Effect

I don't remember learning to walk (or crawl, in case you were wondering) but I think it wasn't too frustrating because I was surrounded by people who encouraged me to "Come to Daddy! Go to Mommy!" And also because I hadn't learned perfectionism yet.

I don't remember learning to read, but I suspect that it was on par with learning to walk: hard and painful but I had fun while I did it. Especially since the Teacher considered Asterix and Obelix good learning-to-read material for quite some time. Probably longer than was technically necessary, but I certainly wasn't going to tell her that. I was already catching on.

I won't go into learning to swim. Suffice it to say that I can float and doggy paddle with the best, and my marine skills end there.

Learning Spanish (still on-going) is mind-numbing with brief flashes of just how amazing it's going to be when I can speak it without saying 'um' every third word. But mostly mind-numbing.

Having considered these monuments of learning in my life, I'm prepared to make a sweeping, all encompassing statement:

Learning to drive stinks.

I would say it stinks more than anything in my entire life, but I haven't lived the rest of my life yet so I have no data to back that up. But it's certainly very odorous.

1 comment: