Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Brainwashing!

The Teacher is brainwashing me. She's been playing The Nonesuch on tape for the last eternity (three days or so). And while she likes to poke fun at me and turning my music up until I can hear it all through the house, she does the same thing with her stories so that if she happens to want something on the other side of the house, she won't have to do something so tedious as pausing the story. Since I've read The Nonesuch (by Georgette Heyer) many times, and am now having it pumped into my brain day and night (well, okay, only day), I'm in danger of having it permanently memorized. It's only a matter of time before I can no longer form a sentence without talking like a time traveler from Regency England. (The Principal says that there are more characters set in Regency England than there were actual people there at the time.)

1 comment:

  1. If you change "people" to "peerage," I'd agree with that. All those Lords and Ladies wouldn't have room to breathe! (:

    ReplyDelete