Friday, September 25, 2009

Spanish

Spanish is both making me sing and making me cry out in despair.

I watched a movie this morning. There was a brief- like twenty seconds- scene in Spanish, where first an ambulance and then a ride to the hospital was offered to the bloody main characters, and turned down. And I understood every (almost) word! After five weeks of Spanish class, I can understand twenty seconds of conversation! Yayyy!

But just now, I couldn't remember how to spell salad. There is a direct ratio between my knowledge of Spanish and my spelling ability. Spanish goes up, spelling goes down.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

1 comment:

  1. What I want to know is, why did they turn down the ambulance? Is this class teaching you that Spanish speakers have no common sense? (;

    Congrats - and hopefully the spelling will come!

    ReplyDelete