Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day of College

Ever since January, I have exercised regularly. 45 minutes a day, 30 when I feel really awful and it's a triumph that I'm doing anything at all. Nothing strenuous, certainly nothing a competing athlete would respect, but it's enough to keep me in shape. (Or rather, get me into shape, since I wasn't actually ever in shape. Unless pear is a shape.)

And now, eight months later, I realize I was wrong. I've been training myself to move. I should have been training myself to sit. Two classes, back to back, from 12:20 to 4:30- and that was being let out early. My. Butt. Really. Hurt.

Such is college life. You sit and listen and wait and wonder how the chairs can possibly keep getting more uncomfortable.

1 comment:

  1. Uncomfortable chairs are always uncomfortable . . . no matter how much you "train." (: Maybe you could wrap a sweatshirt around your waist and use it as a cushion!

    Congrats on starting college! How was it?

    ReplyDelete